hey,
I'm suppose to type out a report about the activity we did. So, enjoy!
My belayer and I, Charis chose the 'I'm in for a surprise' category and we did the activity on the 31st of August (a.k.a. Merdeka day for your info.)
Well, the surprise was mount climbing at Hutan Lipur Gunung Datuk, Rembau, Negeri Sembilan. It was kind of expected after I was informed of what I am suppose to bring. ( I was hoping to go kayaking too.
I woke up 1 hour earlier than the usual time I woke up during school days.
The journey was I dont know how long.Didn't take notice at all.
We started our climb at around 8.40 am. It took us about 1 hour and 40 minutes to reach the top. The climb? It wasn't easy at all. Climbing up the mountain reminded me of the challenges we face in life. There are times where we might want to give up and turn back but in order to overcome the challenge, determination is needed. Exactly like climbing a mountain. I was only thinking and hoping to reach the top ASAP.hehe.
BUT
When you reach the top, you'll realise that all the sweats sweated out and fats burned and the sore legs are worth it. The scenery was awesomely beautiful. Suddenly, you'll be thankful that u didnt turn back and just give up.I felt as if I have accomplished a task.
Coming down was even harder and tougher than going up but its definitely less tiring. I think we took more time coming down than going up. You even need the help of ' Moses' rod' ( a stick/ branch ) to go down the mountain or else you might tumble down like humpty-dumpty.Seriously. It was steep + slippery. My eye balls are practically stuck to the ground most of the time because I had to watch out for my steps and at the same time figure out with path is easier. But of course I got lift up my head to see the surrounding nature lah.
Result of all these? My legs ached for 2 days straight and of course I burned off some fats after feasting for one whole week. Its also a long time since I sweat that much.
Well, last but not least,
I CONQUERED GUNUNG DATUK!!!( where we met old men at the top of the mountain.Its not a joke, its a fact.
Love,
Amanda Yap Qiao Ying.
No comments:
Post a Comment